Name: Evan A. Raynes
Date registered: October 24, 2012
Evan A. Raynes, JD, has over 15 years of intellectual property experience, with an emphasis on trademark counseling, prosecution, and litigation. He has broad experience in all aspects of trademark counseling and prosecution, including domestic and foreign trademark clearance, portfolio management, licensing, and audits. Evan has also counseled clients on numerous domain name, copyright, patent, false advertising, trade secret, right of publicity, social media, privacy, and data security issues. In addition to his prosecution and counseling experience, Evan has substantial experience in intellectual property litigation. He has worked on a wide range of trademark, unfair competition, copyright, patent, and trade secret cases, including large cases for industry-leading companies. He has appeared before federal courts at the district court and appellate levels, and has substantial experience handling opposition and cancellation proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Evan also has substantial experience handling domain name disputes before the World Intellectual Property Organization. He has broad experience in electronic discovery in all types of intellectual property litigation. Prior to joining Symbus, Evan was a partner at the intellectual property law firm Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner and the general practice firm Roetzel & Andress.
- Avoiding Trademark and Domain Name Scams — September 16, 2016
- The Effect of TTAB Proceedings on Federal Court Litigation — April 17, 2015
- “Lack of Intent to Use” – An Increasingly Common Weapon in Trademark Cases — April 10, 2014
- Declaratory Judgment Actions in Intellectual Property Cases — March 14, 2014
- Under Armour v. Life Armour: Symbus Defending Another Trademark Bullying Case — May 29, 2013